Sunday 22 May 2016

May 17th 8:12 pm!!


HE'S HERE!!!


Let me just remind you, labor sucks. I was at the hospital on maternity at 7am. Was in my little green gown, and strapped to the monitor by 730am, and was given the Gel at 7:35am. I was also 1 1/2 cm dilated going into it. Almost immediately I started having minor contractions. Before I left the house at 5:45 I had 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of toast, and a small bowl of cereal, because when you are going to be in the hospital, in labor and you can't eat anything, you eat what you can before! 

At about 830am I ended up getting a second breakfast! YAY! And then my stepsister snuck me in 2 cookies at 1030 ;) 
At 1:30pm the doc came back to check on my progress, and I was 3cm dilated, Go me! But instead of giving me more gel, or breaking my water, he decided to hold off till 4pm to break my water, if it's not already broken, because he had a "busy" afternoon....I was not impressed!! God forbid if me having a baby would interrupt his day 😑

At 4:30pm, my doctor came back, seen I was 4 1/2 cm dilated, and broke my water. I will have to say, when they break your water, it is the most uncomfortable thing to experience! It's just such a weird feeling! After that, things started moving along fairly quickly, and my contractions became more severe.
When I was finally ready for the epidural, I found out the anaesthesiologist was tide up for about an hour, and I would have to wait. That was the most painful hour, ever! They hooked me up with a shot for the pain and gas. In truth it didn't help very much. Thank god for my husband, who helped me keep focused and keep my breathing in check, because I was slowly loosing my mind from the pain.
For all you woman who give birth without any drugs or epidural, I bow to you all! I don't know how anyone can get through that much pain, and I was only at 6cm.

Anyway! Finally got my epidural, thank god, and finally went numb. I moved along fairy quick after that and it was soon time to push. I think it lasted about half an hour, and our Little man was finally introduced into the world!

Born at 8:12pm, 6 pounds 14 oz,
Grayson Brandon Savoie 💜



He is just precious. I know every parent says that about their kid, but he really is.

Afterwards, both my parents and step parents came in to meet him. We had kept the name a complete secret from my parents, and everyone else, just so they wouldn't find out. We gave him his middle name Brandon, after my brother who passes away when he was only 2. I never met him, because it was a couple of years before I was born, but I knew it would mean the world to my parents, and I was so right. My mother, obviously bawled, when we told them, which of course made me cry even more, because I just had a baby, and was super emotional!
My father isn't one to show to much emotion, so seeing him emotional, trying to hold back the tears in his eyes, made it so worth waiting.

Sierra, our daughter was soooo excited to meet her baby brother. My mother told me she was super concerned about me being in the hospital, but was so excited to see her brother that she wasn't sure who to go to first. It was so sweet, she just wanted to hold him right away and give him kisses.

Overall, it was a long, hard labor, even for my second. We were fairly exhausted, as was little man, who refused to eat very much because he kept falling asleep, bless his heart. We were also starving, and unfortunately, I have weird reactions to most drugs. So the epidural was taking much longer to wear off. We ended up calling my father, who was in bed, and asked if he would make a late night run to McDonalds. When its 11pm at night, in a small town, there really isn't to many spots open for food, and we were so hungry we could have ate a cow.

In the end, we ended the night with hubby, having to pick me up off the hospital bed, and putting me in the wheel chair, and wheeling me to our room, with the help of two nurses, as my spine, hips and my left leg was still completely frozen.

Mr. man barely woke up that night long enough to drink much of his bottle, as all he wanted to do was sleep, but let mommy and daddy catch up on some shut eye.

I will be making weekly updates, about how I am doing, how Grayson is making out, and our whole family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment