Monday 2 May 2016

First Sunburn of the year

 
As you can see, I am sunburnt(cries a little). We had a beautiful weekend here in Atlantic Canada, and beautiful weather for barbecuing! We are big BBQ people, and since it was sooo nice out ( +16) we decided to BBQ chicken thighs and potatoes. Unfortunately for us, right after getting the stuff on it, we ran out of propane. Of course.
We are a good 20 minutes away from any gas station or convenient store, so we loaded up the empty tank, and went for a lovely drive, to find a store that had propane tanks. 40 minutes later, we get back home, with our new propane tank, I may add. Im fairly certain I was only outside for about an hour and a half, just sitting on the patio, watching my daughter play, my father and stepmom came for a visit.
My hubby was the one to notice how red I was getting and told me to go get some sunscreen on, which I ignored, because really, I didn't think it was that bad since there was a nice breeze. By the time company left, and we went inside...I realized I was very mistaken.
Every year, I forget how easy it is for me to get a burn. Doesn't take long, and after an hour and a half of being in the sun, I look like a lobster -_-.
Note to self- Make sure to wear sunscreen, when the sun is out!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment