Wednesday 4 May 2016

Doc Appointment!!






Had one of my last doc appointments today! My mom came and pick us up early to bring us to the office as my hubby takes the car to work. Luckily we only waited about 4 minutes after we arrive. Helps that we went a little early and were the first ones there ☺️ 

Now let me tell you, I love my doctor. With it being such a small city, we actually don't have to many gynaecologist to choose from. Dr. Harebottle(yes that is his real name, you can't make that up) is one of the best docs you can get. Unfortunately there are rumours that he is planning on retiring, but I don't plan on having anymore babies, so I won't have to worry about him not being around later on!

Whenever I go in, he asks how I'm doing, if the baby is still kicking up a storm(little bugger doesn't stop) and today double checked to make sure everything is a go for May 17th. I am schedualed to be induced a little early as the good doctor is planning on going away for yet another vacation on the 19th of May. 

I had found out from other mommies that he was going on vacation, and was wondering what would happen, as he thinks I would be going into labor the end of May or sooner. My due date is June 3rd, but the baby is progressing nicely and he thinks il be going early as it is my second child.

So to make sure he would be there for when I had the baby, he asked if we wanted to be induced before he left. Really, it didn't bother me at all, as we were induced with our first child, and everything went smoothly.

After the usual chit chat he tested my urine, which was A-OK, just like all the other times, and then weighed me, took my blood pressure, which is my usual 110/80, and then measured my belly and checked the baby's heart beat.
Belly measuring at 35
Baby's heart rate 134

Since everything is on track, I decided to ask him how much weight I have put on since I started going to him. My very first appointment, I was 17 weeks along, and from 17 weeks-36 weeks I gained 14.5 pounds 😁, he said by the way things have gone, he said  I probably gained 20 pounds MAX overall! YAY ME!

With 2 weeks to go, I would say that's pretty damn good! Especially since I thought for sure he was going to tell me I had gained 25-30. Overal my pregnancy has been pretty good. All my tests came back great, my glucose test came back great, which was MY biggest worry as I am a tad heavier, and diabetes runs heavily in my family. With my first pregnancy with my daughter I gained about 28 pounds by the end, so I'm doing a lot better in that area then the first time around.

My next Doc appointment is May 12th, and I'm getting so excited! I'm so ready for this little man to be out already!!





No comments:

Post a Comment